Thursday, October 17, 2013

Update on Weight Loss and Exercise plan!

So today is the 17th of Oct. 2013 and this will mark Day 4 of Week 4 of my plans! I have weighed in about twice a week, and if you follow me, then you know when I started I weighed 165lbs, and on the 8th of Oct 2013, I weighed 161lbs, and when I weighed in this morning I was at 159lbs pounds! For a grand total of 6lbs lost! Pretty good for 4 and a half weeks, but I want to do better. So, I've decided to change a few things about my plan. As I know not all plans are fool proof, and I will need to make changes accordingly, here's what I've changed thus far:

1) My carb intake is low, but I only incorporate good carbs. Mostly from eating fresh fruits and Veggies, and limiting my bread intake.

2) My fat intake is low, but I still eat fat. Our bodies need it to keep our insulin levels at a normal rate. Sugars aren't good for you. Did you know that orange juice can have up to 42 grams of sugar in it? Yes, that's right, I said 42 grams of sugar. So I rarely drink orange juice! I eat the oranges! Less sugar, and healthier too.

3) Low sugar intake! Very LOW!! Almost all the sugar I consume I get from eating all my fresh fruits and veggies, and nuts. This ensures that I read all labels and nutrition information, and ingredients. I have found that a lot of "HEALTHY" foods aren't actually healthy at all. Either the sugar content is higher, or the contain a lot of processed ingredients! No High fructose corn syrup, to fructose, no aspartame, or any other processed sugars.

4) I am limiting then eliminating the processed foods in my diet. I don't want to continuously put things in my body that are more chemical then they are actual nutrients. When food and ingredients get processed they basically get turned into a chemical equivalent of the ingredient. (I don't know all the ins and outs because obviously I'm not a scientist so really I can't adequately describe the whole entire process) Hence the term "processed" foods.

5) I drink a bottle of water with fresh squeezed lemon juice into it! Yes 16.9 ounces of water with a full lemon freshly squeezed into the bottle! This helps kick start my digestion, my metabolism, and helps the detox process the water does for my body! I also drink about 6 bottles of water a day! Sometimes I forget, but I ALWAYS remember to drink at least 4 bottles of water a day! That equals my 8 glasses.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST #6

6) I've stopped counting calories. Yes, you read me right. I've stopped counting calories. Instead I'm counting my servings. So I'm only eating 32 carbs a day and most of those are from fresh ingredients, like fruits and veggies, and un-processed grains like Quinoa. I make sure I get at least 4 servings of fruits and veggies a day, and then make sure I get at least 20 grams of protein a day. So I eat a lot of fish, eggs and beans. I also only use real butter, not margarine and fake butter, or vegetable oils. I also eat a lot of raw nuts or nuts roasted with sea salt. Because they have plenty of protein, good fat, low salt, good carbs, and almost always 1 gram of sugar! So it's a WIN WIN all around. Just remember that you have to make a plan to fit you. I started off counting calories, really to find out what I was taking into my body!

I still do my regular workout routine, and I think that this will help me reach my goal weight! And then maintain it!!

I'll check back next week to let you know my progress!

1 comment:

  1. The exercises would help any child improve his physical awareness. It might even develop their coordination or help them in understanding the varying capabilities that bodies could do.


    Regards,
    Mangosteen Juice

    ReplyDelete